Shops are hard at work putting together some awesome events for our wonderful “Crawlers”! As plans are finalized, we will be posting them here so stay tuned and check back.
First in: AUNT MARGARET’S YARN & GIFT SHOP:
Passport donations are going to Tufts; Other specials include:
- Goodie bags to the first 12 crawlers each day with a passport
- Free patterns written by our teachers.
- Trunk Show
- Daily raffles and specials
- Free Yarn Crawl Bag for the first 10 people who spend $50 or more
- Thursday 15% off all Plymouth Yarn
- Friday – 15% off all Cascade Yarn
- Saturday – 15% off all Sirdar Yarn
- Sunday – 15% off all sock yarns.
Sunday Sept 17th from 2-4PM come meet Judith Durant – Editor of the best selling One Skein Wonder books. She will be here with her new book Cable Left Cable Right – for book signing and samples from her new book.
AUNTIE ZAZA’S FIBER WORKS YARN SHOP:
One free “Beauty Mark” Glass lamp work stitch marker by Laurie Landerholm, free to our first 15 crawlers each day with a passport.
- Daily Door Prize
- Grand Prize (value >$200)
- Free Knitting & Crochet Patterns
- Yarn tasting
- New knitting kits available to purchase
- Free “Make it and Take it” workshops – crochet beaded bracelets and more
Demonstrations throughout the days in:
- Double knitting technique
- Arm Knitting
- Finger knitting
- Crochet Stitches
Friday 11-3 and Sunday 12:30-3 – Laurie Landerholm- Lamp GLass Work demonstrations. “Beauty Marks” (stitch markers) and numerous beautiful gifts for sale.
- Thursday – 15% off all Berroco Yarns
- Friday – 15% off all Debbie Bliss & Noro Yarns
- Saturday – 15% off all Mirasol Yarns including Ushya, Yaya, Sulka, Illaris & more
- Sunday – 15% off all Cascade Yarns
BLACK SHEEP KNITTING:
Proceeds from the Passport Sales will be donated to Circle of Hope
First 25 customers each day who make a purchase will receive a gift of hand-dyed mini skeins.
Friday – meet Sven Risom from North Light Fibers who will talk about his mill and yarns. He will bring his gorgeous yarns for purchase.
Friday & Saturday – Janel from Quare Yarn will present her latest yarns!
All 4 days – Don’t miss trunk show of Spin Cycle Yarns & Baah Yarns.
Daily raffle of gift baskets filled with great knitting goodies.
- Thursday 20% off all Plymouth Yarns
- Friday 20% off all Cascade Yarns
- Saturday 20% off all Berroco Yarns
- Sunday 20% off all Shibui Yarns
Lots of great things are in the works; proceeds from the passports will be going to the Northboro Food Pantry.
- judging for our Summer Challenge,
- Make-it Take-it sessions,
- Thursday 10-12 Basket reed shawl pin; 2-4PM needle felted pumpkin pin; 6-8PM Dried flower project
- Friday 10-12 crochet flowers
- Saturday 10-12 Basket reed shawl pin; 2-4PM beaded row counter
- Sunday TBD
- featured yarn kits from Heidi & Lana – 20% off
- Trunk show of “A Kid’ll Eat Ivy buttons”
- awesome Yarn Crawl ‘boat’ bags to first 10 customers with passports who spend $80 each day; all 4 days, project bags to passport holders who spend over $20
- Daily raffles, scratch tickets to all crawlers and other goodies including Grand Prize Drawing Basket valued at more than $200!
- Saturday – local spinners will be sharing their passion with all of us! 1-4PM
Proceeds from the passport will be donated to Shriner’s Hospital for Children.Yarn Crawl Trunk Shows all 4 days!
- Jewelry by Beatriz – beautiful knitting jewelry featured in Knit Simple
- Shibui – new garments by Shibui; Join the mix party Sunday 1-3Pm (please let us know if you are coming)
- 20% off selected books, magazines & patterns! Great selections
Enter to win a door prize, free pattern books & a special gift.
- Thursday – 15% off cotton yarns
- Friday – 11:00 – 12:00 Granny Square Crochet Demo with Laurel. 15% off wool yarns.
- Saturday – Weaving a hat demo 10-2:00. Gail will demonstrate how easy and fun it is to weave a hat on Schacht Cricket Rigid Heddle Loom. Then sign-up for the hat class Tuesday September 12. Great stash buster! 15% off sock yarns.
- Sunday – Shibui Mix Party 1-3PM You get to see how to blend these amazing fibers to create simple but lovely garments from Shibui Yarns. 15% off Shibui Yarns
Come visit the Fiber Loft in the heart of apple country! We are a full-service knitting, spinning, weaving, dyeing, and felting shop. Our hours for the crawl will be 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Thursday; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday. During the crawl, we will feature the following:
- Daily raffles (you don’t need to be present to win)
- Grand Prize basket of fiber and fiber-related goodies (at least a $100 value) for passport holders only
- Daily mystery yarn specials! Each day, a different yarn will be on sale for 20% OFF.
- Brand-new free pattern by Carol Quinn designed just for the GBYC!
- Make sure to visit our closeout room for deals on yarn and books
- Thursday, September 14 – Sunday, September 17: Swans Island Trunk Show
- Saturday, September 16 from 1 to 3 p.m.: Beatrice Perron Dahlen, author of Maine Knits, will be here to autograph her books
- Sunday, September 17 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.: The String Theory Truck will be here all day selling their hand-dyed yarns from Blue Hill, Maine
Passport sales are going to Jeff’s Place, A Bereavement Center for Children in Framingham, MA.
- Thank you gift to the first 20 crawlers each day with a passport
- Wear or bring in your Beacon Hill Cowl to be entered into a special door prize.
- Our own free knit pattern designed by Cobblestone Designs just for the crawl.
- Shibui and Berroco Garment Trunk Shows
- Daily door prizes
- CHECK OUT Our grand door prize worth over $500.00 retail!
Other Specials featuring::
- Thursday Shibui Slam! 25% off all in stock Shibui Yarn.
- Thursday12-3 come meet Janet Florez from KnuBee! Janet’s company makes wonderful project bags & totes for knitting, crochet and spinning as well as for your swifts and more! Her items will be in the store all weekend.
- Thursday evening 4-7 Spend the evening with Andra Asars from Berroco for her exclusive garment trunk show. There will be a special drawing for a fabulous Berroco door prize. All Berroco yarn will be 25% off this evening.
- Friday – Plymouth Plentiful! 25% off all in stock Plymouth Yarns
- Saturday – Classic Elite, Tahki and Euro Yarns 25% off all in stock yarns
- Sunday – Malabrigo Maddess 25% off all stock Malabrigo
ISLAND YARN COMPANY:
Proceeds from all of our Passport sales will be going to Kiva!
Our free pattern for you crawlers will be The Gambler and we’ll have ALL 94 colors of Loon dyed up and ready for you to choose your own colors! The Gambler is written for both dk and fingering weight and all Island Yarn (hand-dye, reclaimed cashmere and combo fibers) will be 15% during the whole crawl!
- Thursday, from 12-3, join us for a Rug Hooking demo with amazing artist Phyllis Poor!! She how she envisions and creates these stunning pieces! Maybe you’ll be inspired to try your hand at Rug Hooking! Also Thursday we’re open until 8 – so come on in and join us for our regular knit night which is always tons of fun
- Friday, from 12-3, come see Anne Bertolino give a fantastic weaving demo! Anne is a gorgeous weaver with more ideas and plans than you can imagine! We’ll have Cricket and Zoom Looms for sale as well because we have already seen how infectious Anne’s weaving is! If you don’t want to take the weaving plunge, Anne will also have some of her beautiful finished work for sale.
- Sunday, from 1-4, you’ll want to see Diana Newton-Wood and her Twice Knit demo! Diana was on the Twice knit train even before it left the station and has already made a beautiful USB blanket! Come check out this fun and gorgeous extreme stash buster! And if you’ve already started on this path – bring a picture or your finished item and our Twice Knit Bingo Card anytime during the crawl and save 20% off all regular priced yarn!
JP KNIT & STITCH: DAILY SPECIALS:
- Daily Raffle
- Thursday, 9/14 – 10% off all Manos Del Uruguay Yarns
- Friday, 9/15 – 10% off all Malabrigo Yarns
- Saturday, 9/16 – 10% off all Quince & Co Yarns
- Sunday, 9/17 – 10% off all Brooklyn Tweed Yarns
JP KNIT & STITCH Events:
- September 14: 4 – 8PM Dirty Water Dye Works Trunk Show
- September 15: 6 – 8PM Lady Dye Fiber Arts Trunk Show and Live Pod Cast
- will be hosting a trunk show and a live podcast of her new podcast on diversity in the crafting industry.
- September 16 + 17: Wales Street Design House / Indie Yarn + Project Bags
ALL CRAWL LONG
- $3.00 Mystery Bags are back!
- $5.00 Table of Treasures
- GoKnit Bags 25% off
- Multiple Daily Door Prizes
THURSDAY (9:00 to 6:00): All Malabrigo and Plymouth yarns 25% Off
FRIDAY (9:00 to 6:00): All Berroco, Jojoland and Queensland 25% off
SATURDAY (9:00 to 5:00): Shibui 25% off with some at 40% off
- Cascade 25% off
- 1:00 to 4:00 come meet Alasdair Post-Quinn
- Trunk show for his newest book
- Double or Nothing
SUNDAY (11:00 to 4:00): All Madeline Tosh, Lorna’s Laces, Fleece Artist, Done Roving, Wonderland and Zen Yarn Garden 25% off
Passport sale proceeds will be donated to the Brookline Food Pantry
All Four Days
- Rosy Green Wool trunk show
- Display and sale of Bicoastal Beauties weavings
- Gift with purchase of $50 or more
- Daily door prizes
- Grand prize basket valued at over $200
Saturday- Virginia of Quiet Season Fibers will be in store spinning from 12-3! Those interested will have the opportunity to try their hand with drop spindles
Sunday- Alex of Bicoastal Beauties will be in store weaving and have her works for sale from 1-3!
- Thursday – 15% off Cascade Yarns
- Friday – 15% off cotton yarns
- Saturday – 15% off yarns from Tutto Santa Fe (Includes Geilsik, Issager, Tivinni, and Ito)
- Sunday – 10% off yarn blends (excludes YOTH)