Aunt Margaret’s Yarn and Gift Shop
Here are a few places to visit nearby in case you get hungry!
- Princeton Station – 147 Princeton St Chelmsford, MA 978-251-1500
- Glenview Pub & Grill – 248 Princeton Street Chelmsford, MA 978-251-3591
Also, if you are interested in plants and gardening, attached to Aunt Margaret’s is: Mahoney’s Garden Center – 155 Princeton Street Chelmsford, MA 978-251-4001
Auntie ZaZa’s Fiber Works
Bead and Fiber
IN THE IMMEDIATE AREA
Located in the happening SoWa arts district, in the South End of Boston, surrounded by 35 independently owned shops and galleries. On street and inexpensive, paid parking available. Free parking in Albany St. lot on Saturdays.
Food, lots of it in the immediate area including Mohr & McPherson Café, Cinquecente (dinner, Thurs- Sun, brunch on Sat & Sun., Gaslight, and more. Close by, lots of restaurants including Myers and Chang, JJ. Foley’s, Elephant Walk, and Pita.
The Black Sheep Knitting Co.
Wonderful shopping and restaurants just a few footsteps away from Black Sheep!
- Crosby Jewelers – 1496 Highland Avenue. A town institution for over 40 years!
- Lisa’s Boutique – 1502 Highland Ave. Stylish women’s fashions – right next door to Black Sheep Knitting!
- Pollywogs Fine Children’s Clothing – 1024 Great Plain Ave. Cutest ever items for children – Voted Best of Boston
- Bagels Best – 113 Chapel Street. Great coffee, bagels and sandwiches!
- Hearth Pizzeria— 974 Great Plain Ave.
- Taylor’s Stationary – 1451 Highland Ave. Paper and Gifting with Style!
- Treat Cupcake Bar – 1450 Highland Ave.
- Swizzles Yogurt – 1450 Highland Ave.
Located on the western edge of the Crawl, Northborough has lots of great things to offer …. Hopefully you will save some time to explore! This weekend is also our Town’s Applefest… save some time to check out the Street Fair.
Places to eat:
- Special Teas, 10 Church St, 508-393-0552. A charming spot serving luncheon, tea and dessert. Be sure to ask for the “Crawlers” special! Editor’s note: We had lunch at this wonderful spot recently when visiting Craftworks and what a find! Will definitely go back! Delicious food and cozy atmosphere.The scones were out of this world.
- Northboro House of Pizza, 12 Main St (just over the railroad tracks). A town institution.
- Two Doors Away Cafe: 249 W Main St, a classic townie diner.
- LaLaJava, 290 W Main: “A Hot Spot to Chill” – awesome coffees, teas & refreshers!
The Fiber Loft
Why not make a day of it and visit some local favorites:Why not make a day of it and visit some local favorites:
Harvard General Store www.harvardgeneralstore.com Harvard General Store, across the street from us on Harvard’s historic Common, serves fresh, handmade coffees, breakfast, and lunch every day. They also have an ATM! 1 Still River Rd, Harvard, MA 01451 (978) 430-0062
Harvard Alpaca Ranch www.harvardalpacaranch.com 58 Old Mill Road, Harvard, MA 01451(978)391-1247
Carlson Orchards www.carlsonorchards.com 115 Oak Hill Rd, Harvard, MA 01451(978) 456-3916
Westward Orchards www.westwardorchards.com 178 Mass Ave, Harvard, MA 01451(978) 456-8363
Fruitlands Museum www.fruitlands.org 102 Prospect Hill Rd, Harvard, MA 01451(978) 456-3924
- Common Cafe & Kitchen (across from Iron Horse) pastries, salads, sandwiches, soups, teas and coffees. 9 South Main Street Open until 5 PM
- The Dolphin Restaurant, 12 Washington St. seafood, steaks and more; two blocks away. Open 11:30-10, Sunday 12-8
- Eli’s next to the Dolphin offers breakfast, burgers and crew. They are opened 8-3 most days.
- Five Crows (fine hand crafted gift store) 41 Main St. Hours 10-5 Thursday 10-7
- Lola’s Italian Groceria 9 Main St, sandwiches, salads, small meals. Hours Thurs & Fri 9-9, Sat 9-6 and Sunday 10-6
- We have a new restaurant: Buttercup. They offer lunch and dinner. Located on Rt 135, one block from Iron Horse.
The Island Yarn Company
JP Knit & Stitch
Mind’s Eye Yarns
The shop is located in Porter Square, half a block from the Red Line stop. You can visit Porter Square Books across the street. Not only is it an independent bookstore, it is a popular coffee shop with a real local flair. Cambridge Naturals is also across the street and is a lovely store full of great little surprises. One block away is Mass Ave and is home to many ethnic restaurants. So enjoy your stop in Cambridge.
Putting On The Knitz
For neighborhood interests: Our store is in between CONEY ISLAND (ice cream, sandwiches and coffee) and THE PAPER MOUSE (Very special gifts and cards). Within a few steps there is L’AROMA (specializing in Sri-Lanken curry), SWEET TOMATO (best pizza), COMMELLA’S (Italian food), ARTITUDES (amazing hand crafts), and the WEST NEWTON CINEMA !
Stitch House Dorchester
Local shopping/dining info: Avenue Grill and The Sugar Bowl are great places to stop for a bite to eat. Both are a few steps from the shop.